Monday-Friday, plus events
The Gallery & Exhibitions Manager reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Directors on select exhibitions, sales and events. This position is an active member of the Senior Management team and will be responsible for managing a small gallery staff and occasional volunteers and interns. The Gallery and Exhibitions Manager is a leader and manager who provides vision, direction and guidance, and professional expertise to the gallery operations and programs including: strategic vision, curatorial oversight, budget, administration and exhibition selection and scheduling. This position serves as the face of the gallery, embodying Creative Growth’s mission and maintaining excellent relationships with all visitors, collectors and partners.
The successful candidate for this position will be a creative, dynamic and collaborative team player with an inclusive leadership style. Creative Growth is a fast paced, high volume non-profit studio and gallery and will require someone who can multi task with extreme accuracy and efficiency in a deadline oriented environment, managing multiple exhibitions, installations and sales at the same time.
The Gallery and Exhibitions Manager is responsible for the success of all exhibitions in our Oakland Gallery and outside exhibitions, managing a part time staff of 3, organizing the flow of art from our studio to our exhibitions, managing all point of sale programs, handling all financial reports and payments to artists.
Major duties include:
- Create and manage annual exhibitions including curating, framing, documenting, installing
- Manage the daily operations of the gallery
- Manage and track all sales and loans of artwork
- Cultivate and maintain active collector base
- Manage gallery staff
- Oversee in-house exhibitions
- Oversee all registrar related duties, including database, consignments, photography, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager on gallery-related press
- Represent Creative Growth at talks and events
- Maintain organized systems for artwork storage
Additionally, Creative Growth participates in at least five major art fairs every year, and numerous corporate and private exhibitions. Responsibilities include:
- Curate and manage all logistics for off site exhibitions and art fairs including applications, selection of work, shipping, framing, installation, staffing and sales.
- Attend national and potentially international art fairs
- Develop and manage external income generating relationships and exhibitions including galleries, museums, collectors, corporate rentals, and other
- Manage all gallery staff, volunteers and interns
- Oversee all gallery/artwork sales and finances
- Participate as an active member of the Senior Management Team
- Ensure a safe and professional work environment
- Oversee accurate and timely artist payments
- Minimum one year experience commercial gallery management
- Fluent in curatorial practice and procedure
- Strong written/oral communication skills and public speaking abilities
- Ability to multi-task within a deadline-oriented environment, and work collaboratively within a diverse non-profit organization
- Ability to manage a budget and work within the means of the organization
- Be able to work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Be available for occasional travel to exhibitions and Art Fairs
- Fluent in Excel, Quickbooks, and database platforms
- Experience with Aperture, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress
plus competitive health, vacation and retirement package
If you think you’d be a good fit for our team, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- 2-3 References
Submission deadline: February 17, 2017
Only applicants whose resumes are selected will be contacted
Creative Growth is committed to diversity in its workforce. Creative Growth is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, race or disability.